How Do We Best Support Viable, Sustainable, Effective Camp Ministry?
Conversations about Incorporation
All conversations begin at 7pm. Please RSVP below.
- Thursday, March 28 – Gregory Memorial Presbyterian Church, Prince George
- Tuesday, April 16 – First Presbyterian Church, Charlottesville
- Wednesday, April 17 – New Hanover Presbyterian Church, Mechanicsville
- Monday, April 22 – Tuckahoe Presbyterian Church, Richmond
- Tuesday, April 23 – The Presbyterian Church, Fredericksburg
- Wednesday, April 24 – Ginter Park Presbyterian Church, Richmond
- Thursday, April 25 – Amelia Presbyterian Church, Amelia Court House
In the Synod of the Mid-Atlantic, and across the PC(U.S.A.), other Presbyteries have transitioned their camps to incorporated structures. The Camp Hanover Ministries Board Purpose Group believes moving to a structure that incorporates the ministry of Camp Hanover is the key to keeping your camp healthy, strong, relevant, and organized in a way to best meet the challenges of operating in today’s complex world.
Taking this step offers advantages to both the Presbytery and Camp Hanover. One of the most important benefits of incorporation is how this structure secures the future of the camp and helps insulate both the presbytery and the camp from liability risks.
The Camp Hanover Ministries Board presented the Covenant Agreement and other documents that will establish the new structure and define the relationship between Camp Hanover and the Presbytery for a first reading at the February 2019 Presbytery Meeting. A vote on the recommendation is scheduled to take place at the June meeting of Presbytery. You are invited to join one of the conversations listed below learn more about what incorporation means for the Presbytery and Camp Hanover, ask questions about the recommendation to incorporate, and contribute your input as this important work is undertaken.
More information, a timeline for incorporation, and current drafts of the Covenant Agreement, Articles of Incorporation, and Bylaws can be found on the Incorporation Updates page.